15 Lies You May Believe that are Wrecking your Financial Goals
Whether it be statements you’ve heard your whole life or lies you’ve let creep in for too long, I’m here to tell ya- Don’t listen to these lies! Run the other way! These statements derail us from our financial goals. They enable poor spending habits and I’m willing to bet you’ll disagree with me on at least one of these. Let’s stop trying to “adult” and just take control (AND RESPONSIBILITY) of our finances and behavior.
15 Lies you may Believe that are Wrecking your Financial Goals
1. I’ll save more money once I start making more money.
2. I need a nice car because older ones aren’t safe.
3. There’s nothing wrong with a 36-month car payment.
4. Buying used is buying someone else’s problems.
5. I want my kids to have what I didn’t have growing up.
6. I’ll figure out how to pay for it later.
8. I can afford it because I was approved for the loan.
9. I need to be in debt for tax purposes.
10. I deserve this.
11. I’ll pay it off when my tax return comes in.
12. My parents are willing to help me pay for it.
13. I have to spend a lot of money on my home decor because my home needs to be cozy.
14. I’m not buying things to impress others, I want it for me.
15. I only use my credit card for the rewards. I’m going to spend the money anyway and I pay it off right away.